If a student is interested in further study after completing the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist program, they can move on to the Torchbearer Program. Graduates of this program are called Torchbearers and can use this logo on their marketing materials. In order to be accepted in this tier of the program, the student must ﬁll out some basic information and notify Kathryn Templeton of his/her interest in joining. A $49 enrollment fee is required at this time. Once accepted, students have 2 years to complete this portion of the program’s requirements.
This logo is a visual reminder of the components of this program. If you notice, the red yellow and orange ‘ﬂames’ from the AYS logo sit atop the blue, purple and green ﬂames.
Here are the requirements of this level of the program:
- Graduate from the AYS program. (represented by the red, orange and yellow ﬂames)
- Present 2 case studies on the Torchbearer calls and do a ﬁnal case study write up, submitted to Kathryn Templeton for review and acceptance (blue ﬂame)
- Participate in 10 Torchbearer phone calls. (purple ﬂame)
- Attend 2 Torchbearer approved workshops/seminars.
Once these items are completed the student is a Torchbearer. These students can use this logo on their own marketing materials as well.
Here are the upcoming approved workshops for the Torchbearer Program:
- Mind Matters: Intro to Ayurvedic Psychology (January 17-19)
- Beyond Heart Disease: Creating a Joyful Heart (January 31-February 2)
- Vishesh: Ayurvedic Body Treatment (February 28-March 2)
- Big Spring Cleanse (April 4-6)
- Sanskrit and Ayurveda: Expanding Your Yoga Practice (August 8-10)
- Ayurvedic Wisdom for Menopause (August 29-31)
- Inner and Outer Alignment (September 12-14)
- Seasonal Cooking for Your Dosha: Vata Pacification (October 3-5)
- Sex and Stress: Women's Hormones at Play (October 10-12)
- 'Tis the Season: A Practice-Based Workshop (December 12-14)
Graduates of the Torchbearer program are able to:
- Do everything listed in the AYS section above
- Work one-on-one with individuals for basic purposes. This includes things like setting up daily routine guidelines and making lifestyle recommendations.
- Teach Spring Cleanse workshops and Fall ‘Cleanse’/Rejuvenation workshops.
Conference Call Dates and Times:
- April 21st, 7-9pm EST
- May 6, 2014, 12:30-2:30pm EST
- May 12, 2014, 7-9pm EST
- June 23, 2014 12:30-2:30pm EST
- July 2, 2014 12:30-2:30pm EST
- July 23, 2014 7-9pm EST
- August 5, 2014 12:30-2:30pm EST
- August 13, 2014 7-9pm EST
- September 9, 2014 12:30-2:30 pm EST
- September 23, 2014 7-9 pm EST
- October 8, 2014 12:30-2:30 pm EST
- October 13, 2014 12:30-2:30pm EST
- November 4, 2014 12:30-2:30pm EST
- November 17, 2014 7-9pm EST
- December 9, 2014 12:30-2:30pm EST
- December 17, 2014 7-9pm EST
Recent Torchbearer Graduates Include:
- Sarah Guglielmi
- Caroline Schmidt
- Heidi Audet
- Elizabeth Ritoli
- Mary Honchock
- Ginny Mazzei
- Julia Kress