Open Letter to YogaGlo
Dear YogaGlo and Derik Mills,
Honoring your recently received patent, we have removed 14 yoga classes from YogaInternational.com. In our initial phone discussion with your representative, we agreed to remove these classes if you received your patent, and you agreed to not pursue legal action if they were removed. Please let us know if you intend to enforce your patent, or wish to allow us to restore the content to our site.
In the meantime, we have removed all 14 classes that could possibly be affected under this patent, many of which are speciality classes entirely different from anything on YogaGlo, such as:
- Bhagavad Gita: Yoga for Awakening Your Inner Warrior with Sandra Anderson
- Yoga for Boosting Creativity with Lauren Toolin
- Yoga for Meditation with Rolf Sovik, PsyD
- Restorative Yoga Classes with AnaMargret Sanchez
- Mythology Enriched Yoga with Sandra Anderson
- Yoga for Your Heart with Shari Friedrichsen
- AM/PM Pitta/Kapha Pacifying Yoga with Kathryn Templeton
- Yoga to Improve Digestion with Sarah Guglielmi
- Restorative Yoga: Awaken the Back of the Body with Greg Capitolo
We’re making all of our yoga classes at YogaInternational.com free and by-donation-only while we re-shoot many of these unique classes.
It is unclear to us from the final patent language as to whether these classes infringe in any way, but as a non-profit organization we neither have the financial resources available to undertake a legal dispute, nor do we wish to lose focus on our mission to bring yoga into the world.
As an extension of this mission, we are making all of our yoga classes at YogaInternational.com free and by-donation-only while we re-shoot many of these unique classes. As you consider your options going forward, we sincerely hope that you join us in our effort to make yoga and its distribution more accessible to everyone.
We look forward to your response.
Todd Wolfenberg, Executive Director
With a diverse background in both for-profit and non-profit organizations, Todd has been the CEO of Yoga International since 2014. He lives and works in Honesdale, Pennsylvania with his wife and three young children.