Kat and Kyle talk with Mark Walsh, the founder of Embodied Yoga Principles (EYP), about taking yoga off the mat and into daily life.
Talking points include:
- What is Embodied Yoga Principles?
- We hear a lot about “taking yoga off the mat,” but what does it actually mean?
- What other movement arts can offer.
- Yoga and creativity.
- How we use our bodies to communicate and what yoga poses can teach us about this.
- Reducing jargon, or “non-operational” language, in yoga classes.
- What are we learning all this yoga for anyhow? To be more “yogic”?
- Exoticism as a barrier to deepening one's practice.
- Bringing your personality into your teaching and finding your authentic voice.
Learn more about Embodied Yoga Principles here.
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Original score for this podcast is by Austin Joy.
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.