Yoga Talk Podcast 50: Talking With Mark Walsh, founder of Embodied Yoga Principles
Kat and Kyle talk with Mark Walsh, the founder of Embodied Yoga Principles (EYP), about taking yoga off the mat and into daily life.
Talking points include:
- What is Embodied Yoga Principles?
- We hear a lot about "taking yoga off the mat," but what does it actually mean?
- What other movement arts can offer.
- Yoga and creativity.
- How we use our bodies to communicate and what yoga poses can teach us about this.
- Reducing jargon, or "non-operational" language, in yoga classes.
- What are we learning all this yoga for anyhow? To be more "yogic"?
- Exoticism as a barrier to deepening one's practice.
- Bringing your personality into your teaching and finding your authentic voice.
Learn more about Embodied Yoga Principles here.
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Original score for this podcast is by Austin Joy.
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.