Kat and Kyle chat with Buddha Body Yoga founder Michael Hayes about making yoga spaces welcoming for yogis in larger bodies, plus-sized props, what differentiates a Buddha Body class from your average yoga class, and more.
Talking points include:
- What to expect from a Buddha Body Yoga class.
- Props that are useful (and not so useful) for people with larger bodies.
- Ways teachers can make their classes more accessible for yogis in larger bodies.
- Tips for people who'd like to try yoga but aren't comfortable going to a studio.
- The value of going beyond yoga and exploring other movement practices.
- What a yoga wall is and why it's an amazing tool for larger-bodied yogis.
- ...and more!
Learn more about Michael Hayes and Buddha Body Yoga here.
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
- Download mp3 (right click, select “Save link as”)
- Listen to every episode on SoundCloud!
- Listen to recent episodes and review us on iTunes!
Original score for this podcast is by Austin Joy.