Yoga Talk Podcast 14: Sex, Drugs, and Ayurveda
Editor's note: This week's podcast (the last third in particular) gets a little graphic and NSFW. You might want to keep your earbuds in for this one.
Kat and Michael are joined by their favorite ayurvedic practitioner, Kathryn Templeton, for a frank discussion about yoga's "sister science."
Talking points include:
- More about the nose oil (nasya oil) that Kathryn was talking about: Luke Ketterhagen's "Travel Tips: Nasya Oil"
- Check out Kathryn's short video, "Yoga and Ayurveda: 3 Shared Tools for Healing."
What’s the ayurvedic view of cannabis?
- The difference between cannabis today and the cannabis of yore
- Use in ayurveda
- "Cannabis: What Does Ayurveda Have to Say about It?" by Eden Tosch at Everyday Ayurveda
- Kat's article that includes an interview with Kathryn
- Historic medicinal use of alcohol
- Bourbon and butter?
- Choosing the right wine for your dosha
- Keep your eyes peeled for Kathryn's upcoming YI video, "When to Wine."
- What's the deal with ojas? (Does ejaculation really deplete it?)
- Wait, what's ojas again?
- So, ayurvedically speaking, how often can we do it?
- Sex according to the seasons
- Receiving pleasure supports ojas (hooray!).
- Our friends The Householders just released their third album, Yama. This podcast's outro is one of our favorite tracks, "Thieves" (played in its entirety!). You can listen to or purchase the album at their website.
- And check out their new video:
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Our intro is "Namaste Nation" by The Householders. Listen to the whole thing on their Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thehouseholders
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.