Yoga Talk Podcast 22: All About Meditation!
What exactly is meditation anyway? How do we do it? How do we stick with it? Kat and Michael explore these topics and more on this week's podcast!
Talking points include:
Cheesy Meditation Jokes
Meditation in the Yoga Sutra
What Meditation Is Not
- The difference between meditation and contemplation
- The difference between meditation and visualization
- The difference between meditation and prayer
- Video: "Contemplation vs. Meditation: Defining the Difference," with Sandra Anderson
- Difference between meditation and concentration
- "What Is Meditation?" by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
Different Types of Meditation
- Useful overview at Livedare.com: "Types of Meditation—an Overview of 23 Meditation Techniques"
- Focused attention meditation, open awareness meditation, and combination
- Walking meditation
- Video: "Walking Meditation: Japa on the Go!" with John Daskovsky
- "Walking Meditation," by Shannon Sexton
- Michael's experiences with Buddhist meditation and yoga meditation
- Catholic meditation: "Meditation and Contemplation—What Is the Difference?" from the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
- Kat talks about Quaker meetings
- Transcendental Meditation: Studies
Myths about Meditation
Finding Your Meditation Seat
- "Pain-Free Meditation Seat," by Anne Cushman
- YI eCourse: "Find Your Perfect Meditation Seat" (YogaTalk Listeners can get 20% off at checkout using coupon code YOGATALK)!
Tips for Making Meditation a Habit
- "How to Create a Meditation Space in Your Home" by Sandra Anderson
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Our intro and outro is "Namaste Nation" by The Householders. Listen to the whole thing on their Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thehouseholders
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.