Yoga Talk Podcast 25: Ayurvedic Diet
Kat and Michael are once again joined by their favorite ayurvedic expert, Kathryn Templeton. This time around, we're discussing the Ayurvedic diet!
Talking points include:
(Brief!) Ayurvedic diet overview
Food lists for your dosha
- Why they can be confusing and not always helpful
Does Ayurveda want us all to be lacto-ovo vegetarians?
- Putting Ayurveda in cultural and historical context
Food as medicine in Ayurveda
- Why you "take a banana" instead of "eat a banana."
- Qualities of different types of meat
Ayurvedic Food and Consciousness
- Addressing food-privilege
Looking at the qualities of our favorite foods
How they change based upon how we prepare them
- How they affect us
- The 80/20 rule
Can Ayurveda align with a vegan diet?
- And what about the paleo diet?
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Our intro and outro is "Namaste Nation" by The Householders. Listen to the whole thing on their Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thehouseholders
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.
This content is presented by one or more of the talented and dedicated staff members that we've been blessed to work with throughout the years.