Yoga Talk Podcast 25: Ayurvedic Diet
Kat and Michael are once again joined by their favorite ayurvedic expert, Kathryn Templeton. This time around, we're discussing the Ayurvedic diet!
Talking points include:
(Brief!) Ayurvedic diet overview
Food lists for your dosha
- Why they can be confusing and not always helpful
Does Ayurveda want us all to be lacto-ovo vegetarians?
- Putting Ayurveda in cultural and historical context
Food as medicine in Ayurveda
- Why you "take a banana" instead of "eat a banana."
- Qualities of different types of meat
Ayurvedic Food and Consciousness
- Addressing food-privilege
Looking at the qualities of our favorite foods
How they change based upon how we prepare them
- How they affect us
- The 80/20 rule
Can Ayurveda align with a vegan diet?
- And what about the paleo diet?
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Our intro and outro is "Namaste Nation" by The Householders. Listen to the whole thing on their Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thehouseholders
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.