In this episode Kat and Michael are talking about gratitude! Listen to learn about the surprising health benefits of thankfulness, yoga-related gratitude practices, and more!
Talking points include:
Gratitude Is Good for Our Health
- Harvard Mental Health Letter: “In Praise of Gratitude”
Gratitude Is Good for Relationships Too
- University of Georgia Study: “The Power of Thank You: Gratitude Linked to Positive Marital Outcomes”
Benefits of Gratitude
- “7 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Gratitude That Will Motivate You to Give Thanks Year-Round” by Amy Morin at Forbes
- “Expanding the Science and Practice of Gratitude” from UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center
YI's 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge
- Sign up here!
- You can start any time.
Ways to Practice Gratitude
- “Yogic Meal Blessing” by Sandra Anderson
- “A Meditation for Finding Gratitude within Your Heart” with Shari Friedrichsen
An Ayurvedic and Herbalist Take on Gratitude
David Steindl-Rast and the Network for Grateful Living
Thanksgiving Day Yoga Classes
- “A Short Practice for Healthy Digestion” with Brooke Sullivan
- “Yoga for Better Digestion” with Jackie Dobrinska
Bonus: Digestion-Boosting Ginger Pickle
- “How to Make a Digestion-Boosting Ginger Pickle” with Sarah Hutchinson
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com.