We interviewed the incredible Molly Birkholm at the Sedona Yoga Festival in Sedona, Arizona.
Molly is the co-founder and Executive Director of Warriors at Ease, an organization that builds yoga and meditation programs in military communities. She partners with the Department of Defense on PTSD treatment and prevention programs. Molly is also the Director of Yoga Programming and Yoga Therapy for the Sivananda Yoga Retreat, the Director of Human Trafficking Relief for the Integrative Restoration Institute (iRest), and she has been extensively involved with yoga and meditation-related research with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Department of Defense, and Harvard University.
Talking points include:
- Molly's yoga story.
- What is trauma sensitive yoga and meditation?
- What are the most important points to keep in mind when teaching people who have experienced trauma?
- Re-framing disorder as growth: post-traumatic growth
- The importance of the language we use when we teach
- The role of yoga nidra in trauma sensitive yoga and meditation
- How we talk about yoga research
Stay tuned for Molly's sessions from the Traumatic Stress: Resiliency and Healing with Yoga training from this year's Sedona Yoga Festival.
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Original score for this podcast is by Austin Joy.
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.