In part one of this two-part podcast, Kat talks about yoga and social justice with Portland yoga teacher Sam Miller.
Talking points include:
- Sam's yoga story
- Addressing personal privilege and thinking critically.
- Suggestions for how the yoga community can become more inclusive.
- The importance of safe spaces.
- Complexity of cultural appropriation.
- “Cultural Appropriation and Yoga” by Emma Dines at Queen Street Yoga.
- The importance of not oversimplifying yoga's history.
- The power of listening.
- Intent vs impact.
- Body image.
Watch for part two of this podcast, where we continue the conversation with Dianne Bondy.
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
- Download mp3 (right click, select “Save link as”)
- Listen to every episode on Soundcloud!
- Listen to recent episodes and review us on iTunes!
Original score for this podcast is by Austin Joy.