Yoga Talk Podcast 39: Gluten, Ayurveda, & Science with Dr. John Douillard
Kat and Kyle talk with Dr. John Douillard about wheat and answer common questions such as: Is it good for you? Is it bad for you? Do elimination diets work? (and many more).
- Dr. John Douillard's story
- Why he feels elimination diets sometimes fall short
- History of the human diet
- Why Dr. Douillard wrote Eat Wheat
- Ancient wheat versus modern wheat
- Is gluten bad for you?
- Connections between digestion, the health of the lymphatic system, and diabetes
- Treating the symptoms versus the cause
- But wait...what is gluten anyway?
- The value of eating foods when they're in season
- If someone has a food sensitivity, how do they break the cycle?
- The five spices that help us reboot digestive strength
- Some history (and thoughts) on soy
- What is an anti-nutrient? How do we make anti-nutrients easier to digest?
- And more!
Learn more about Dr. John Douillard's book here.
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.