From blogs to Instagram challenges to online yoga classes to podcasts, Kat and Michael talk about how the internet has changed how we practice and perceive yoga. Talking points include:
- The elephant in the room: Is all this interneting “unyogic”? Is there a place for yoga here? Are we watering it down?
- The early days of the "yoga internet," what we remember, how different things are now.
Instagram and yoga selfies
- Kat's article on yoga selfies
- Yoganonymous article: How Yoga on Instagram Has Turned into a Lucrative Business
- The pros and cons of instagram challenges
- Awesome body-positive and curvy yogini instagrammers getting a lot of media attention this week even outside of the yoga blogs.
- Examples on Buzzfeed and Rebel Circus
- #SizeDoesntMatter challenge; Jessamyn Stanley on People.com
- Pinterest! Flipboard! Great for info-graphics! (Psst! YI has a Pinterest)
- What's Snapchat? We're too old for Snapchat.
- Podcasts and videos
- Paradigm shift! How and where we practice is changing.
- Article by Mary McInnis Meyer
How yoga internet culture has benefited/changed studio culture
- Signing up for classes online
- The controversial Groupon
- The Sometimes Awful Truth Behind Groupon Yoga by Gail Konop
- Online teacher training and CEUs
- Community building through social media
Is all this interneting unyogic? What would the sages say? (Note: We are not sages.)
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
Audio and video downloads are available for Digital Members.