Kat and Kyle speak with Melanie Klein and Marc Cordon about their new project “The Joy Revolution.” In particular, how the practice of joy is related to yoga and activism, and how cultivating joy can help us to achieve our goals.
Talking points include:
- Marc and Melanie's grounded definitions of “joy.”
- How yoga and mindfulness are related to cultivating joy.
- Post-ecstatic growth: living in the moment of joy and growing from it.
- How cultivating joy can be an inroad to self-empowerment and effective activism.
- Debunking the myth that fun is frivolous.
- Why joy isn't about spiritual bypass.
- The connection between yoga, punk rock, and joy.
- Details on Melanie and Marc's new project: What is the Joy Revolution and how can people get involved?
- Once we find joy, what do we do with it? How do we use it for the greater good?
Listen to the first ever yoga talk podcast (Does Yoga Have a Body Image Problem?) here, where Melanie Klein is featured.