Content warning: This is a conversation about sexual assault and its impact.
Karen Rain joins Kat and Kyle to talk about how the yoga community can support survivors and more effectively address and prevent sexual violence.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Yoga Guru Pattabhi Jois Sexually Assaulted Me for Years
- I Don’t Need “I Believe You.” I Need “I’ll Stand up for You.
- How to Respond to Sexual Abuse Within a Yoga or Spiritual Community
- Yoga Nidra Network
- IndoctriNation podcast by Rachel Bernstein, LMFT
- Daniel Shaw, LCSW
- Alexandra Stein, PhD
- Janja Lalich
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Practice And All Is Coming: Abuse, Cult Dynamics, And Healing In Yoga And Beyond
Send your comments, questions, and future show ideas to: YogaTalk@yogainternational.com
- Download mp3 (right click, select “Save link as”)
- Listen to every episode on SoundCloud!
- Listen to recent episodes and review us on iTunes!
Original score for this podcast is by Austin Joy.