The Saundaryalahari (“Wave of Beauty and Bliss”) is at the heart of Sri Vidya Tantra. Through richly poetic language, it describes a systematic method leading to the heights of human consciousness—our intrinsic divine nature. Swami Rama introduces you to the powerful system of Sri Vidya, drawing on wisdom from the scriptures and the living tradition. He explains the intricate workings of mantra, chakras, kundalini shakti, and meditation, teaching both esoteric and practical ways of experiencing the subtle states of bliss and consciousness which theSaundaryalahari describes.
In this Wisdom Classic, you will:
- Discover the dimensions of Shiva and Shakti, the relationship between them, and how they relate to the chakras, according to Sri Vidya.
- Study the similarities and differences between the three main divisions of Tantra: Kaula, Mishra, and Samaya.
- See the interplay between the microcosm (the human body) and the macrocosm (the larger universe), as Swami Rama describes how the human body is a living shrine.
- Learn the arts of introspection, meditation, and self-dialogue that allow you freedom from the past, leading to complete self-mastery.
- Infuse your current practice with the specialized yogic techniques of pranayama, bandhas, and mudras, as demonstrated in lecture practicums.