This practice is designed to pacify stress through fluid movement, and includes chandra namaskar (moon salutations) and jala namaskar (water salutations), relaxation, pranayama, and meditation.
Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutation)
- Regeneration, quieting the frontal brain
- Increases the flow of breath through relaxation
- Provides sacred grounding
Jala Namaskar (Water Salutation)
- Bringing more fluid movement into your body
- Pouring your spine forward, allowing the neck to have freedom
- Balancing vata and pitta dosas
- Practice note: Moving slowly is important for pacifying stress.
- Receiving the full sacred flow of our breath
- Allowing the breath to slowly fill the body
- Nadi shodhanam (alternate nostril breathing)
- Mudra Meditation