Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus 30 minutes to cool. Good in all seasons when sweet apples can be found. Sattvic; calming to all doshas in moderation.
- Wash and dice finely: 4 sweet apples (about 3 cups)
- Put the apples in a saucepan with: 1⁄2 c. fresh organic apple juice1⁄2 c. sucanat or apple concentrate 2 tsps. cinnamon
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Let the fruit cook uncovered for about 5 minutes. Once it is cooked, spoon half of the fruit mixture into a blender. Purée. Leave the rest in the saucepan to cool. Add to the purée in the blender:1 tsp. Pomona’s Universal pectin 1 Tbsp. liquid calcium solution (included in packet with pectin)
- Blend on high speed for a full minute. Stir the purée into the unblended fruit in the saucepan, and fold in:1 c. freshly made yogurt
- Spoon into four individual serving glasses. Cover and chill until set.
- Serves 4
Amadea Morningstar is the author of The Ayurvedic Cookbook, Ayurvedic Cooking for Westerners, and The Ayurvedic Guide to Polarity Therapy. For more information, visit www.AyurvedaPolarityYoga.com.