Write for Yoga International
Revised and Effective April 26, 2017
Freelance Writers: Interested in Writing for Yoga International?
If you would like to write for us, please send your original article (not published or submitted elsewhere) or article pitch, along with your author bio and a few short writing samples to email@example.com. Regrettably, we are not able to provide specific individual feedback for the articles that we do not accept.
YI Writers’ Guidelines
- Aim to stay under 1,000 words.
- We are happy to put together a photo shoot if your article requires images; however, please try to keep it to five photos or less.
- Please make sure that your article adheres to our core values.
- Include reputable sources to back up claims (published, peer-reviewed studies when applicable).
- Make sure to cite all direct quotes, and to state something completely in your own words if you're not using direct quotes. This includes definitions of key terms (for example: If you’re defining “tennis elbow,” don’t just copy and paste the definition from the Mayo Clinic’s website).
Publish decisions (including whether or not we publish any article or allow any article to remain on our site) are at the sole discretion of Yoga International.
Our Editorial Process
Each article that we accept will be edited for content and structure by our editorial team. We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to plagiarism.
Once published, an article becomes the property of Yoga International. (Please let us know if you wish to share a piece you’ve written for YI elsewhere. In most cases we’re fine with that and simply request that you include a line that states that the article first appeared on Yoga International and include a link to the original.)
If your article is selected for publication by Yoga International, you will receive a minimum payment of $50.00 USD. We pay more ($150.00–200.00 USD) for feature articles (articles that headline our bi-weekly eblasts). Feature articles are chosen based on topic, universal appeal, depth, and writing quality.