This cool summer quencher is a traditional South Asian drink—like a milkshake, only made with plain yogurt instead of milk.
- Peel 1 ripe mango, remove the pit, and chop the pulp into small chunks.
- Combine 3⁄4 cup cold water, 1 cup plain yogurt, and the mango in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (according to taste), a dash of ground green cardamom seed (optional) and ground saffron (optional)—pulse to combine.
- Add 8 ice cubes and blend together until frothy.
- Pour into 4 cups, serve immediately, and enjoy! This delicious protein drink will sustain you for hours.
PREP TIPS: Peel the mango over a bowl to catch all the juice. After you cut the
mango pulp into chunks, crush with a potato masher and remove any stringy fibers
before blending. Or if you prefer, use 3⁄4 cup canned mango.
VARIATIONS: Don’t want to use sugar? Substitute fruit juice or honey instead. Or
skip the sweetener altogether, as a ripe mango is naturally sweet. You can also add
1⁄2 cup of fresh strawberries or other summer fruit. And if you don’t like yogurt, substitute 2 cups of milk and skip the water to make a milkshake.
HEALTH BENEFITS: Mangoes are packed with vitamins A, B, and C. Combined with the protein-rich yogurt or milk, they turn this nutritious drink into a time-released snack that will keep your energy going for hours.
This content is presented by one or more of the talented and dedicated staff members that we've been blessed to work with throughout the years.