This recipe is for a non-dairy substitute for ricotta.
Yield: approximately 1 cup or 16 one-tablespoon servings
- 1 cup pine nuts (soaked overnight in 2 cups water), drained
- 1 head garlic, roasted, cooled, and paste removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chickpea or mellow miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons umeboshi paste
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red pepper
- 2 tablespoons brunoise yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 head endive
- In food processor, puree pine nuts, garlic paste, oil, miso, lemon juice, and umeboshi paste. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Dollop 1 heaping tablespoon of nut filling in each endive leaf; garnish each leaf with chives, pepper brunoise, and toasted pine nuts.