Pine Nut Ricotta
This recipe is for a non-dairy substitute for ricotta.
- 1 cup pine nuts (soaked overnight in 2 cups water), drained
- 1 head garlic, roasted, cooled, and paste removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chickpea or mellow miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons umeboshi paste
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red pepper
- 2 tablespoons brunoise yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 head endive
- In food processor, puree pine nuts, garlic paste, oil, miso, lemon juice, and umeboshi paste. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Dollop 1 heaping tablespoon of nut filling in each endive leaf; garnish each leaf with chives, pepper brunoise, and toasted pine nuts.
Founded in 1977 by Annemarie Colbin, Ph.D., Natural Gourmet Institute (NGI) is the leader in health-supportive culinary education. Natural Gourmet Institute’s Chef’s Training Program is a comprehensive and professional program that trains students to meet the growing demand forculinary professionals who are able to make the connection between food and health. Natural Gourmet Institute also offers public intensives, hands-on instruction, demonstrations and lectures for the healthy cooking... Read more>>